Medical education was performed at University hospital in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Paediatric specialist training commenced 1992 at University Children hospital in Frankfurt am Main and at Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children. The special interest during Paediatric education included Neonatology, paediatric Haematology and infectious disease.
Medical dissertation was finalised in 1995. Appointment as a Consultant in General Paediatric in 2001 at University Children hospital in Frankfurt am Main and the last appointment in Paediatric was at Princess Royal University Hospital in Bromley, London.
Dr. Dirk Mentzer, MD has been Head of Pharmacovigilance at Paul-Ehrlich-Institut in Langen, Germany since 1 September 2004
- Member of Paediatric Working Party of the CHMP since 01/ 2005
- Member of the EV Telematic Implementation Group at the EMA (2004-2007)
- Member of Eudravigilance Expert Working Party of the CHMP (2005-2007)
- Co-opted Member for Paediatric Pharmacovigilance in the CHMP-
- Pharmacovigilance Working Party at the EMA since 2/ 2006
- Member of the Drug Safety Commission of the German Society of Paediatrics since 3/2006
- Member of the Paediatric Committee at the EMA since 07/ 2007
- PDCO vice-chair since 9/2010
- PDCO chair since 9/ 2013